Sunday, March 10, 2013

Savvy Auntie Welcomes DebutAunt, Michelle Branch!

Hello again!

I am finally ready, I believe, to post my previously published articles to my blog. I wanted to attempt to go in chronological order, but as that proved relatively difficult, I'm just going to go ahead and start posting. Once I'm up to date, I'll begin to add chronologically. I'll be sure you let you know when that is. Thank you for sticking with me!

Best,
Veronica

This was the first article I wrote for my internship as editor for SavvyAuntie.com. It's a wonderful website and an invaluable resource for aunts, godmothers, grandmothers, and more! Definitely check out the site after you've read some of my articles.

Savvy Auntie Welcomes DebutAunt, Michelle Branch!
by Veronica Spettmann


There have been a number of new Celeb Aunties this season, but none more excited to be a DebutAunt than Michelle Branch! In two separate posts on Monday, she expressed her overwhelming joy at becoming a new Auntie to her brother and sister-in-law’s first child, David Atlas Branch.  The first Tweet went up when her sister-in-law went into labor. Michelle said, “I’m gonna be an aunty! Yay!!”  Later Monday, she warned her new nephew to “be prepared to be spoiled rotten!!”

As if that wasn’t enough to show just how excited Michelle Branch is, on Tuesday she Tweeted that she had her first FaceTime chat with her nephew.  “It’s pretty obvious that I’m already his favorite aunt,” she said, followed by the affectionate hash-tag “#InLurve.”

Michelle Branch is, herself, a mother, among other professions including successful singer and songwriter in both the pop and country genres. Despite her busy and flourishing career, there is no doubt that Branch will find time to have play dates with her little one and her new nephew. It is obvious that Michelle Branch will make a wonderfully enthusiastic Auntie!


Published: November 9, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment