Sunday, March 10, 2013

Show Your Love, Auntie

Show Your Love, Auntie

by Veronica Spettmann

It is no secret that our nieces and nephews love to hear that they are loved, just as we Aunties love hearing it back.  However, actions really do speak louder than words, even if our nieces and nephews are too young to realize that we are showing our love rather than speaking it.  The little things we do for them may go unnoticed, but are certainly appreciated. Recently, we asked the savvy Auntourage on Facebook to share the ways they show their love for their nieces and nephews. Here were some of our favorites:

Megan Leonard The best way to show my nephew I love him is by playing with him like I'm a 3 year old pirate on an adventure just like him.

Liza Corolle
I show my love by listening. I think sometimes it's hard for kids to be open with their parents and Aunts fill that void.

Tera Wales My niece definitely loves a good sleep over with Auntie Tera I paint her toenails make chocolate milk...watch aunt Tera’s football team "GO RAIDERS" and in the morning eggs and a bubble bath

Rachel Thomas 
I love teaching my nephews as much as I can about art and watching them really get into it

Angie Hutson Saunders I am learning French so I can talk with my niece Moriah...I love them all...I am the fun aunt.

Jennifer Janisse I tell her how much I love, miss or how proud I am of her on a post it and stick it in her lunch bag. She's 6 and loves the surprise she finds during lunch time.

Annie Servillo Once a month, three generations of women (my mom, my sisters, my niece and me) have Girls' Movie Night. We have dinner, watch a movie (we take turns with the choice), and then we have dessert...and I like to think we're making more memories, too!


There is no right or wrong way to show our nieces and nephews that we love them, just so long as we make sure we are always reminding them of that fact.


Published: October 11, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment